The National centre for petroleum Research and development NCPRD, Energy Commission of Nigeria ECN, ATBU, are mandated and responsible for organising reseach in fossil fuel energies and other geological-related energy resources. the current ongoing-research projects consist of:
- • Assessment of the petroleum potentials of the upper Benue trough NE Nigeria.
- • Review/assessment of coal qualities of upper Benue trough, NE Nigeria.
- • Tectonic trends and geological implication on the basis of new aeromagnetic data from the upper Benue
- • Geological storage of CO2: Suitability analysis and potential implementation challenges in the Niger Delta Basin
- • Palynostratigraphy of the Gongola formation at Ashaka Cement Quarry, Northern Benue trough, Nigeria
- • Analysis of landsat and aeromagnetic data over Awe and enviroment, Middle Benue Trough, Nigeria